- If left untreated or unsupported, patients often relapse resulting in crisis or even suicide.
- During a crisis, patients are admitted to emergency departments utilizing valuable resources and increasing operational costs.
- Patients tend to adopt an unhealthy lifestyle during and after treatment if they are left to manage their illnesses without accountability or support.
- Patients with prolonged mental illnesses and addictions often suffer from other chronic illnesses such as hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, cirrhosis, diabetes, and other conditions.
- Patients often miss appointments causing increased risk to themselves and revenue loss for the healthcare delivery system.
- Relapses and re-occurrence of episodes may occur:
- Due to a lack of ongoing contact and support from mental health and addiction professionals between therapy visits resulting in patients tending to adopt risky behaviors.
- When healthcare professionals and family members do not have any knowledge that the patient is visiting people and places.
- When patients miss ingesting medications.
- The healthcare system provides inadequate screening of treatments for co-occurring conditions of mental illnesses and addictions.
- The healthcare system lacks an integrated approach that includes physical health, mental health, and addiction recovery.
The solution uses an integrated care team approach:
- NixitHub helps patients manage depression, anxiety, addiction, and physical health illnesses with the help of an integrated Care Team consisting of Addiction, Mental, and Physical Health specialty care healthcare professionals and lifestyle coaches.
- Parents and friends are invited to be a part of the Care Team to support their loved ones.
- The Care Team members reduce the risk of relapse and reoccurring episodes by helping patients maintain accountability.
- NixitHub provides integrated healthcare which enables patients to be treated for other chronic illnesses such as hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, cirrhosis, diabetes, and other conditions.
The solution provides accountability:
- NixitHub assists healthcare professionals in identifying high-risk patients through “check-ins” that assess daily patient moods.
- Check-in responses from patients are used to determine risk levels (high, moderate, and mild) and are highlighted for the healthcare providers.
- The patient receives appointment reminders, and the provider can reconfirm with the patient before the appointment date.
This lowers the rate of “no shows” for appointments which reduces patient risk and results in lower costs for healthcare professionals.
The solution provides risk management:
- Notifications are received on your Digital Watch.
- Providing medication management, which is critical to risk mitigation, by sending reminders to patients at ingestion times and on refill due dates.
The solution alerts healthcare professionals and family members when medications are missed:
- Alerting healthcare professionals and family members when patients are in proximity to high-risk areas or people which could trigger mental health episodes or addiction relapses.
- Can be used with family members and peer support during Self Care.